Stumped Stacy to Tim the Tech:
Dear Tim the Tech,
I am attempting to schedule ShoreTel Conference calls through Outlook. I am struggling to supply invitees with the correct information so they can join the call. What are the web addresses and numbers I need to give to all invited?
Tim the Tech:
Dear Stumped Stacy,
You need to make sure your ShoreTel Communicator Application is synchronized with Outlook. Attached are the numbers and addresses with proper formatting you need to include in your calendar invite.
With ShoreTel, users can schedule and join audio conferences with one-click directly on the Microsoft Outlook feature menu. It’s simple! This week’s tip will show you how!
When you click the ‘Conference’ button the conference and participant details will auto-populate in the Outlook appointment body.
Conference Settings and Advanced Options
Conference settings are available in Outlook by clicking on the drop-down arrow below the ‘Conference’ button and select ‘Settings’.
- Host Code: Automatically provided and can be customized
- Participant Code: Automatically provided and can be customized
- My Extension: Automatically Populated
- Advanced Options:
- Conferencing: Determines when the conference is started
- Post Conference Comments: Determines whether participants can post comments upon exit
- Access: Determines whether a participant password is needed to access the conference
- Entry and exit tone: Determines the type of announcement made when a participant enters or exits the conference
These settings can be set as Default and used for all scheduled conferences.
Wow! That was simple! Thank you for reading Stacy’s Tip of the Week!
Have a Great Weekend!
You can save and download this Tip of the Week by clicking here:
SERVICE CONTACT METHODS: